Our Cardiff office is at the heart of our Wales operation, which has grown 10 fold since the start of the previous Value Wales Framework ITEAS. This increase in business has seen additional skilled jobs including an additional Customer Executive as well as our first trainee for our prestigious Graduate Entry Program. More recently, we appointed three Cardiff-based technical sales people for our Workplace, Datacenter and Network businesses. In addition, a number of our UK wide consultancy team, engineers, service delivery personnel, project staff and technical specialists are now employed from the Wales office.
Since the inception of ITEAS in 2012 we have seen our customer base grow from 18 to 42. With the increase in customer base and technology scope we have been able to work with vendors across the Workplace, Datacenter & Network to drive down the cost of products and solutions.
With Computacenter’s expertise Welsh customers have experienced both innovation and cost savings including;
- An Agile and Dynamic Datacenter project created for a number of authorities in South Wales.
- Agile mobility solution was implemented for a number of Local Authorities in West Wales
- An innovative procurement route for North Wales was created to meet their individual needs.
Computacenter have been awarded a place on 7 lots including;
- Lot 1: Desktop Software and Associated Products and Services
- Lot 4: End User Hardware and Associated Products and Services
- Lot 5: Infrastructure Software and Associated Products and Services
- Lot 6: Servers, Storage and Storage Devices and Associated Products and Services
- Lot 7: Network Equipment and Associated Products and Services
- Lot 8: Network Firewall and Associated Products and Services
- Lot 12: Integrated Systems
This enables Computacenter to continue growing the Welsh business by making investments in both people and the technology we offer to our customers. Computacenter and the One Wales team will be continuing to work with Wales and Welsh Customers to increase innovation and drive down costs associated with the Public sector.
This new framework gives Computacenter a great opportunity to continue our strategic growth, enables us to work with Welsh customers to drive costs and increase innovation and offers Wales better value for money.
Crown Hosting Data Centres is a framework contract and joint venture, to deliver legacy hosting services. With a Cloud First policy and the prevalence of GCloud, many Government legacy applications will migrate to the cloud yet hosting arrangements do not have the maturity to deliver effective transitions. This is where the Crown Hosting Data Centres come to the fore – to provide a secure and cost effective home for those applications.
The framework is open to the whole of the public sector aiming to work as one Government customer. This has enabled lower prices and better terms than each individual department can deliver on their own.
Crown Hosting Data Centres state-of-the-art facilities will enable Technology Leaders to keep legacy systems running and significantly reduce power costs. It will also provide the platform to design and develop new services based on user needs. Importantly, it will also give an effective overview of legacy estates and where it sits. This will help reduce over-specification and standardise what government needs from a legacy hosting environment.
So how do you get there? How do you migrate? How will your data be assured? How will you ensure the security and integrity of your systems?
Computacenter has an Optimised Data centre Migration Approach; an end to end and systematic solution encompassing the transition of data, applications to physical and virtual machines. We’ll manage your data, your physical machines and will deliver a true end to end migration service into the Crown Hosting Datacentre.
The physical act of moving is probably the most straight forward task. We use specialist relocation partners, Technimove whose security cleared and trained engineers deliver to defined architectures. But the real task is in the planning and preparation. We’ll audit your environment to deliver a detailed map of interdependencies with other devices including all your applications and the users they support.
We’ll create business cases for you which include the payback time. We’ll also work with you to define how this is communicated into your business and how we can minimise the impact of change. Our team will give you a thorough view on risk and security. We’ll test out strategies and proof of concepts in our Solutions Centre prior to any move and even do pilot physical moves.
Our consultants remove your management overhead, optimise your assets and define how we can make your data and infrastructure more efficient prior to the lift and shift. Our infrastructure design will ensure you maximise the Crown Hosting benefits on offer, making the most of the power, connectivity and security. We’ll then define, audit, plan and design migration strategies with you. Our management system controls the procurement and logistics, manages all assets and professional services and delivers a reduced risk outcome.
And what next? We will deliver cost effective solutions in line with your business outcomes. This means offering ongoing support, maintenance and managed service contracts for your new infrastructure. And the good thing? We’ve done this all before. For banks, transport companies, technology and utility companies and, of course, Government customers.
Computacenter have been awarded places of all 11 Lots of the technology Services Framework – scoring a maximum of 100% across all Lots. This is a replacement to the single Lot structure of the IT Managed Services framework which has been in place for the past 4 years or so and has been extended until August this year.
This further cements our place on the strategic frameworks and enables us to offer a route to market through the Crown Commercial Service for a number of managed and contracted services as well as point solutions and projects:
- Lot 1 Help desk/Service desk as supplied to Channel 4 and Nationwide Building Society and 5 customers in excess of 100,000 seats
- Lot 2 Desktop Support – managing one in every three high street banks and recently awarded the contract to manage TfL
- Lot 3 Network Management services as delivered to Clarks and to Schroders from our Operational Command and Control in Hatfield
- Lot 4 Network and content security which delivers services such as penetration testing to Manchester City Council and M&G limited
- Lot 5 Infrastructure, Maintenance & Support (IMS) where we deliver monitoring, servicing and proactive maintenance to Bentley motors and Gatwick Airport
- Lot 6 Audit services & Asset management as delivered to First Group and Channel 4
- Lot 7 IT Infrastructure Transition Services & Delivery. We have successfully transitioned over 20 major customers in the last 4 years including Rolls Royce and the Post Office
- Lot 8 Service Integration/Service Integrator to the likes of Marks and Spencer and Bentley Motors
- Lot 9 Disaster Recovery/ Business Continuity services as delivered to the Environment Agency and Eversheds
- Lot 10 Back up and Data Services delivered in the cloud or in our Datacentres for Crest Nicholson and British American Tobacco
- Lot 11 Asset Disposal with our partners, RDC, to many of our customers including Greater Manchester Police and the House of Lords
These are exciting times, enabling us to deliver core contracted and managed services in the Datacentre, Network, Workplace and across all projects. Please get in touch with your account manager or call me for any detail on how we can help.
With just over two weeks to go before the election, the temptation is still present to delay procurement decisions, to hold back on releasing strategies and to avoid hanging your hat on investment decisions.
The problem is that it isn’t just a case of a couple of weeks. If you roll back to 2010, the Purdah period and the creation of the Coalition seemed to stretch these decisions. Weeks became months before business as usual was resumed. The IT Managed Service Framework (RM707) was a casualty of this delay.
Is this the case now? In our view, apparently not. Major bids and campaigns are still being released. Pre Qualification Questionnaires have snuck in before Purdah and the announcement of the Crown Hosting DataCentre Ltd joint venture suggests this was contracted in a record breaking 6 weeks! We also hear today that the Crown Commercial Service will be announcing the intention to award places on the ITMS replacement, Technology Services Framework (RM1058). Critical as another route to market for the success of Crown Hosting .
So the wheels haven’t fallen off Government Business. It is still in rude health. For now. No one can anticipate how things may change from May 7th. Watch this space…